I don’t know if you already know, but Kubernetes was partly inspired by an internal Google technology called Borg. In fact, the creators of Kubernetes wanted to call Kubernetes “Seven of Nine” after the famous Borg drone from Star Trek Voyager.
Sadly, copyright laws prevented that from happening, but the reason the Kubernetes logo has 7 spokes is a reference to Seven of Nine.
Anyway… with the strong ties between Kubernetes and the Borg, I did what any geeky Kubernetes author would do… I created a Borg collector’s edition of The Kubernetes Book 😀
This hardback collector’s edition is written in English, with the following Borg geekiness:
- Title on front cover written in the Borg language
- Author’s name “Nigel of Borg”
- Special image of author assimilated as a Brog drone
- Author’s Borg drone designation on back cover
- Special Borg edition intro page
Aside from the that, the content is in English , and I’ve made it the same price as the English language hardback edition.
– Nigel of Borg, Six of Nine Tertiary Adjunct Unimatrix 01